About The Enrollment Management Association Board
The Enrollment Management Association's board of directors addresses its fiduciary and strategic duties led by the officers and the executive committee. The Association currently has four standing committees – finance, governance, member services, and emerging trends. The full board meets three times a year (January, June, and prior to the Annual Meeting in September). Committees meet by teleconference between board meetings. The board is dedicated to the Association's mission of providing unparalleled leadership and service in meeting the admission assessment and enrollment needs of schools, students, and families.
The Association's board of directors has full authority over the affairs of a national member association. Specifically, the board of directors oversees the administration of the Association, exercises financial stewardship over the association, determines annual budget and establishes dues and pricing, establishes and enforces policies and procedures of the organization, and sets a strategic direction. The board addresses its fiduciary and strategic duties led by the officers and the executive committee.
The Enrollment Management Association board of directors seeks individuals able to commit the time and attention required to provide exceptional service. The board seeks a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and geographies. The proposed candidate selection criteria include the following:
- Thought leadership in independent school admission
- Willingness to engage in discussion focused on the strategic priorities identified by the board
- Ability to assist The Enrollment Management Association in identifying creative solutions to the challenges faced by members of the independent school admission community
- Prior nonprofit board experience
- Prior executive leadership experience
- Commitment to championing the values of The Enrollment Management Association
- Technology expertise and innovation
- Brand and marketing expertise
- Testing and assessment expertise
- Accounting/financial expertise
- Professional development expertise
- International boarding school expertise
- Legal expertise
Board members of The Enrollment Management Association meet three times per year. There is also an orientation session for new trustees.
New Board Member Orientation
Monday, April 24- 25, 2017 Princeton, NJ
Board Meetings 2016-17
Thursday, February 2-4, 2017 Tampa, FL
Monday, June 26-29, 2017 Berkeley, CA
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 New Orleans, LA