Enrollment management is the #1 issue facing independent schools, and admission directors are the front line in dealing with this challenging and complex issue. In an effort to support our members, The Enrollment Management Association is convening an Enrollment Management Think Tank to investigate pressing issues, to provide information to the larger independent school community, and to present The Association’s board of directors with summary thinking and a set of recommendations.
Chaired by two respected independent school admission professionals— Jim Ventre, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Phillips Academy (MA), and Jill Lee, Director of Admission and Tuition Assistance, Castilleja School (CA)—the group will work over two calendar years to:
• Identify a set of research questions about enrollment management
• Scan the environment of independent schools, higher education, and business/ industry for current practices and innovations in recruitment, selection, and retention
• Talk to top researchers and practitioners in the field
• Publish findings and make recommendations to the The Enrollment Management Association board of directors
Supported by The Enrollment Management Association Senior Director of Outreach Aimee Gruber, the EMTT will conduct high level “discovery” about key strategic issues affecting the enrollment health of our schools. The EMTT will offer recommendations to the The Enrollment Management Association board of directors no later than fall 2017, defining The Enrollment Management Association’s critical role in developing content, services, and trainings for our admission community.
THINK TANK MEMBERS
• Co-Chair: Jill Lee, Director of Admission and Tuition Assistance, Castilleja School (CA)
• Co-Chair: Jim Ventre, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Phillips Academy (MA)
• Kelly Monaco, Director of Admission, Lower School, Iolani School (HI)
• Suzanne Walker Buck, Rector, Chatham Hall School (VA)
• Douglas Leek, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, The Northwest School (WA)